The Adventures of Elena Temple
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
The Adventures of Elena Temple:
Releasing on December 24th 2019, The Adventures of Elena Temple: Definitive Edition will be available as a free update, including:
- 2 new dungeons, totaling 47 new rooms - some very well hidden - with unique gameplay elements
- 40 in-game achievements - doesn't get any more old-school than that!
- Unlockable game modifiers - Limited Lives, Campfires, Double Jumps, Infinite Ammo - combine them for unique gameplay experiences
- On the fly switching between the virtual old machines
- Various tweaks to the rooms in the original dungeon, now dubbed Chalice of the Gods - you got shivers, didn't you?
- Overall improvements: new background in the selection screen, new pixel art splash image, dungeon selection screen, game modifiers screen etc.
- Easter Eggs
The Definitive Edition will only be available for Windows users. All support for the Mac version of the game ended with version 1.2.0.
The Adventures of Elena Temple
Ever miss being a child, playing games at your grandma's or in your old bedroom? Well, I got you covered!
The Adventures of Elena Temple is the classic you never knew existed. And the best part is that you can play it on virtual old machines that kind of sort of maybe existed. It's not like you can remember for sure anyway, right?
- A dungeon of 50+ rooms to overcome, each its own mini-level
- Open exploration, you choose which way to go, but don't worry, a helpful map is just one button away
- Challenging, old-school platforming
- Collect as many coins as you want, but we both know you'll get them all, you're a completionist, don't even try to deny it!
- Coins will make you rich, but there's no escaping the dungeon without all the gems
- Secrets for the more observant player
- Best of all, you can play the game on any of the included 7 virtual old machines, from the Pomo D'or 4, to Maple and Some Toy and all the way to the NS-Bos PC
- Update 1.1 brings with it the Stats screen, check out your play time, number of deaths, shots fired and more; win medals like a pro for each stat!
- Update 1.2 allows you to zoom in/out and get as close to the virtual screen as you prefer
Get it now!
You can play the Demo now, for free. And, if you like it, please consider purchasing the full game. You'll receive all Early Access builds, the release version of the game and all subsequent updates, including a Steam key.
I'm a solo indie developer, I loved making The Adventures of Elena Temple and I hope you enjoy it! Please leave me some feedback if you play it. Thank you for your support!
- Bonus Stage: "Elena Temple stands next to games like La Mulana and Gunmetal Arcadia as shining examples of how to capture the games of the past in today's world."
- Nintenfan: "The genius design using simple mechanics that have been a part of gaming for decades is clearly felt throughout the game's different screens."
- The Inner Circle Games Network: "The Adventures of Elena Temple shines through for the most part on account of the many things it does do right, and it’s well worthy of its [...] price point."
- The Insatiable Gamer: "The old school style of The Adventures of Elena Temple shines through not only in its art styles, but in its gameplay as well."
- Le Mag MO5.com: "Beyond its very successful nostalgic dressing, The Adventures of Elena Temple is a certainly classic action / adventure retro game, but also a devilishly effective one."
- JayIsGames: "If you like old platforming/exploring games, The Adventures of Elena Temple is definitely something you want in your collection of videogames."
- Game Guide: "A classic adventure game in a retro universe, what do I say, in 7 retro universes! The promise to get us into a game from another time is held."
Early Access builds
- 11 new dungeon rooms, for a total of 49
- 3 new game mechanics: on/off spikes, spiked wheel and pressure platforms
- same room respawns
- bullets indicator shown when shooting and collecting bullets
- 11 new dungeon rooms, plus 3 secret rooms, for a total of 38
- 3 new game mechanics: bats, cactuses and crumbling platforms
- 3 secret scrolls, each with its unique map info
- guardian statues with collecting requirements to allow access to the final dungeon areas
- 12 new dungeon screens, for a total of 24
- 3 new game mechanics: scorpions, wall arrows and on/off platforms
- progress auto-save and auto-load
- game intro with logo and story text
- 3 new screens to play, for a total of 11 (only the first 8 are in the demo)
- tweaks for some of the previous dungeon screens
- dynamic music with 5 songs (2 available in the demo)
- updated pause menu, with volume options, info about controls and confirmation dialogs for restart and exit
- game icon, intro logo and other app improvements
- 8 dungeon screens to play (the same as in the demo, more coming soon!)
- all 7 old machines available for you to play on!
The Adventures of Elena Temple should run on most Windows computers that aren't on display in a museum, but if you have one that doesn't run it, you have my deepest sympathy.
Just to be safe, you should have at least the below specs. But to be 100% safe, download the demo first and check if it runs ok before making any purchase.
- OS: Windows 7+ / OS X 10.9+
- Processr: 1.5 Ghz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 200 MB disk space
- Video card: 512 MB, DirectX 9.0c
- Keyboard or gamepad
The Adventures of Elena Temple is just one game you can play on seven simulated machines. Aside from the different look, the game plays the same on all machines and has the exact same content! The purpose of these old machines is to remind you of the old days, so feel free to pick whichever you like best without any fear of missing out on game content.
Please download and play the demo before making a purchase!
I don't want to mislead anyone into spending money on the game. That's why I made this demo version, so you can try it and see for yourself if you like it and if it works properly on your machine. And only then buy the game, if you consider it's worth your money.
Thank you for your support!
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Tags||1-bit, 2D, 8-Bit, Black and White, classic, mono, old-school, Pixel Art, Puzzle-Platformer, Retro|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Press kit|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Update 1.2 brings you closer to the screenJul 20, 2018
- Update v1.1.0May 27, 2018
- Final version is LIVE!Mar 15, 2018
- Current progress - v0.6.0Feb 21, 2018
- Current progress - v0.5.0Feb 03, 2018
- Current progress - v0.4.0Jan 08, 2018
- Current progress - v0.3.5Dec 13, 2017
- Current progress - v0.3.0Dec 01, 2017